Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I find shipping information?
Our shipping page has all of the answers about rates, estimated delivery times and other shipping policies.
- How can I upgrade to faster shipping?
Contact us as soon as possible and we'll let you know if we're able to upgrade your shipping.
- Do I need a prescription from my eye doctor to buy contacts from Giant Eagle
In a word, yes. We can contact your eye doctor to verify your prescription or you can email or fax a copy. Whatever's easier. But, keep in mind that a physical copy of the prescription speeds up processing.
- Will you verify my prescription with my eye doctor?
If you don't provide a physical copy of the prescription via email or fax, we will verify the prescription with your eye doctor.
- Are your contact lenses the real deal?
Yes, every last one of our contact lenses comes directly from the manufacturer and are 100 percent authentic.
- What are your hours?
For a full list of our hours as well as other contact information, please visit our Customer Service page.
- How can I contact you?
You can contact us by phone, email or chat.
- My lens ripped/is defective. Can I return it?
Of course! You can return a ripped or defective lens up to 365 days after the purchase date. However, lenses manufactured by Johnson & Johnson VisionCare, Inc., Alcon, and Bausch + Lomb have a separate defective lens return policy.
- I don't like how my colored contacts look. Can I return them?
Yes, as long as it is within 365 days. Contact our Customer Service team for more information.
- What if I find a better price on another website after I bought contact lenses from you?
We'll happily price match contacts from authorized online retailers up to seven days after the purchase date.
- Where is my refund?
It may take up to 10 business days for a credit to show on your account depending on your banking institution. If you have not received your refund after 10 business days, please contact our Customer Service Team.
- Do you offer trial lenses?
No, trial lenses are only available through your eye doctor.
- Can I order contact lenses over the phone?
You can! Contact our Customer Service Team and they will take care of you.
- How long do I have to return or exchange my lenses?
You have 365 days from the delivery date to return or exchange your lenses. To learn more, go to our returns page.
- I'm not sure which contact lenses I wear. Can you help me order?
That's why we're here! Contact us and give us your eye doctor's contact information. We'll track down your prescription in no time.
- How do I cancel my order?
To cancel your order before it ships, contact us as soon as possible.
- I don't understand how to enter my prescription on the website. Is there another way?
Our Customer Service Team is ready and waiting to help you through it.
- I don't see my lenses. Do you carry them?
If you don't see your lenses, call our Customer Service Team to help you out.
- How do I use a coupon code on my order?
Underneath the list of items in your cart you'll see "Promo Code"-click it, add the coupon code, submit and enjoy more savings.
- Do I have to buy the brand of contact lenses the doctor prescribed to me?
Yes, by law-and for your safety-you can only purchase the brand of lens your eye doctor prescribed using a valid prescription. Some lenses do have a generic alternative, however, and you can contact our Customer Service Team for more information.
- Is a contact lens prescription different than a glasses prescription?
Yes. A contact lens prescription lists different parameters and powers than an eyeglasses prescription.
- My prescription expired, but my vision hasn't changed. Do I need a new prescription?
While it might not seem like your vision has changed, it's important to check your prescription and evaluate the health of your eyes; the wrong contacts could cause damage without showing any visible symptoms.
- Do you sell made-to-order contact lenses?
Yes, we sell soft and hard (RGP) made-to-order contact lenses such as Boston, Fluorex, and Hydrasoft.
- Do you sell eye drops, contact lens solutions, contact lens cases and other accessories?
Yep, we carry a variety of contact lens accessories.
- My prescription recently expired. Can I still use it?
Unfortunately, no. We only accept valid prescriptions.
- Can I wear soft contact lenses if I have astigmatism?
Yes, you can wear a special type of soft contact lens called a toric lens which will correct your astigmatism.
- Can I wear soft contact lenses if I need bifocals?
Yes, there are a number of contact lenses designed for people who need bifocal (multifocal) correction.
- If I only wear my 2 week disposable contacts part time, do I still have to replace them every 2 weeks?
No, the 2 weeks refers to the actual amount of wearing time so they can last longer than 2 weeks if you are not wearing them full time.
- Your website lists my lens as 2 week disposable, but my doctor says I can wear them for 4 weeks. Which is correct?
The lens wearing schedules on our website are provided by contact lens manufacturers. However, doctors may decide on a different wearing schedule (shorter or longer) for an individual patient based on wearing habits, lifestyle, cleaning methods etc. You should always follow the wearing schedule prescribed by your doctor.
- What's the difference between rigid gas permeable (RGP) lenses and soft lenses?
RGP lenses are smaller and made out of a harder, less pliable material than soft lenses which makes them less comfortable initially. RGPs correct some astigmatism whereas soft spherical lenses do not.
- Can I swim with my contact lenses?
It is best if you don't because there are bacteria in the water that can adhere to your lenses and cause infections. If you do swim in your lenses, you should wear goggles over them and you should disinfect them immediately afterwards.
- Why is it necessary for contact lens wearers to have regular eye exams even if their prescription hasn’t changed?
Regular eye exams are important not only to check your prescription but also to evaluate the health of your eyes. This is especially important for contact lens wearers because the contacts could be causing damage to your eyes without necessarily causing any obvious symptoms.
- I wear contact lenses and in order for me to read, I have to wear reading glasses over them. Are there any other alternatives whereby I don't have to wear glasses at all?
Yes, the most common option is called monovision where one eye is corrected for viewing distant objects and the other eye is corrected for reading and close work. Monovision is a good solution for some people, but not everybody can successfully adapt to the arrangement. Another alternative is multifocal contact lenses which are available in both rigid gas permeable or soft lens designs.
- Do colored contact lenses work on dark eyes?
Yes, they are called opaque colored contacts. Year-long (daily wear and extended wear) options are available in many different colors and shades.
- How does the Federal Law Fairness To Contact Lens Consumers Act affect me?
On February 4th, 2004, a Federal Law called the Fairness To Contact Lens Consumers Act went into effect. This law made it much easier for you to enjoy the savings and convenience of ordering on-line from Giant Eagle.
- Where is your company headquartered?
We are located in Columbus, Ohio. Our location is ideal for rapid distribution throughout the country.
- How long have you been in business?
We have been selling online since 1996. In that time we have served over 500,000 customers located in all 50 states and around the world.
- How long does it take for my lenses to arrive?
98% of all US orders arrive within the 7-10 day delivery time stated on our website. However, the vast majority of orders that are shipped from stock will arrive significantly sooner.
- My prescription doesn't have an expiration date. Can I still use it?
We can only fill orders for unexpired prescriptions. If your prescription does not have an expiration date, then the expiration date is either 1 or 2 years from your exam date, depending on your doctor's preference. We will verify your prescription with your doctor and notify you if the prescription is expired.
- Does Giant Eagle accept Vision Insurance?
Giant Eagle does not accept vision insurance as payment for orders, but we do provide a receipt which can be submitted to your insurance company as an Out-of-Network purchase. Make sure you consult with your insurance provider before you place your order to determine whether they reimburse Out-of-Network purchases and/or whether they have reimbursement limits for Out-of-Network purchases.
- What are UV Rays?
Ultraviolet rays are rays located beyond the visible spectrum. UV rays are categorized into three types: UVA, UVB, and UVC.
- UVA: Most common throughout the year. These rays pass through glass so the can be harmful both indoors and outdoors.
- UVB: The most dangerous type of UV rays and the primary cause of skin burn and retina harm. Rays do not pass through glass.
- UVC: Blocked by the Earth's Ozone layer and do not reach the Earth's surface.
- What is Presbyopia?
It is a condition that progresses with age where the eyes diminish in the ability to focus on near objects.
- What type of lenses can I wear swimming?
Wearing contact lenses while swimming is not recommended. Prescription swimming goggles are the safe alternative.
- Is it safe to use any eye drops when wearing contacts?
No. Only eye drops specifically designed for contact lenses should be used.
- Do I need to replace my contact lens case?
Yes. Bacteria and enzymes collect in your contact lens case over time. It is highly recommended you replace your contact lens case with every contact replacement. Replace your case at least every month if you have extended wear contacts.
- Giant Eagle Return Policy
Giant Eagle has one of the most customer friendly return policies in the online optical industry. If for any reason, you are unsatisfied with your order Giant Eagle offers free return shipping so you never have to worry about receiving the wrong size, color, product defects, or even if you're just unsatisfied with the product purchased.
- How do I read my contact lens prescription?
While you don't need to completely understand how to read your contact lens prescription to place an order on Giant Eagle, you'll need to know the basics. If you don't have a copy of your prescription, or are not sure how to read it, rest assured that as long as you have your doctor's information we can contact your doctor directly in order to obtain your correct prescription.
- For how long is my contact lens prescription valid?
The length of time that a contact lens prescription is valid for is typically between 1 and 2 years, but it varies by state. You can easily find this information online by searching for "(your state name) contact lens prescription expiration".
- Do I still need a prescription if I just want contacts to change my eye color?
Yes, you still need to be fitted for the lenses even if you don't need vision correction. This is because contact lenses are medical devices and wearing them can affect the health of your eyes.
- Can I pay using my FSA or HSA?
Contact lenses are a valid use of FSA/HSA funds, however, plano (non-prescription/cosmetic) lenses are not. Please contact your FSA/HSA administrator for more information about whether your contact lenses are eligible.
- Will I earn fuelperks!® on every single item that I purchase from the Giant Eagle® Contact Lenses Website?
The vast majority of purchased items are eligible. There are certain exclusions where you will not earn fuelperks!®, including the cost of shipping and tax. Also, you will not earn fuelperks!® on state- or federally-funded prescriptions.
- Why don’t I see fuelperks!® applied to my fuelperks!® account after I’ve completed a purchase from the Giant Eagle® Contact Lenses Web site?
The fuelperks!® earned on your purchase will be applied to your account when your order ships. The time between when you complete your transaction online and when your order ships will vary. You can always check your available fuelperks!® discount by visiting GiantEagle.com and selecting "My Account." From there you can access your fuelperks!® statement to see your available discount. You can also call Giant Eagle® Customer Care at 1-800-553-2324 with any questions about your fuelperks!® balance.
- Do tax and shipping costs earn fuelperks!®?
Tax and shipping costs do not earn fuelperks!®.
- What happens to the fuelperks!® I received if I make a return?
If you return a contact lenses purchase and you've already received credit for fuelperks!®, the fuelperks!® you were credited will be deducted from your fuelperks!® account. If the amount of fuelperks!® debited exceeds your fuelperks!® balance, then your account will show a negative balance.
- What happens if I redeem fuelperks!® and then return the item(s) purchased that allowed me to earn?
Your fuelperks!® account will be debited the exact amount the item(s) purchased allowed you to be awarded, potentially resulting in a negative fuelperks!® balance if fuelperks!® remaining are less than amount debited.
- How do I earn fuelperks!®?
fuelperks!® are earned in increments of $0.10 for every $50 spent unless specified otherwise.
- Can I pay for my purchase of contact lenses with my Giant Eagle fuelperks!® Credit Card?
The Giant Eagle fuelperks!® Credit Card cannot be used for contact lens purchases.
- What is the difference between the different types of contact lens wear schedules?
The most common types of soft contact lenses are Daily Disposables, Weekly Disposables, and Monthly Disposables. The classifications determine how long the lenses can be worn before they need to be replaced. Your exact contact lens replacement schedule will be determined by your eye doctor.